Whether you need an assistive device for walking, a bed rail to enable you to get out of bed independently, or adaptive equipment to carry out your daily activities, the Active In-Home Therapy staff will help create an environment that fosters safety and optimizes functionality. We will:
- evaluate your needs.
- identify barriers to performance and implement solutions.
- recommend training, alterations, adjustments, or additions to your home.
- order specialized, customized, off-the-shelf, or universally designed technologies; low or high-tech equipment.
- evaluate beneficial outcomes of the modifications and continue to make adjustments according to needs/progress.
Specific occupational therapy services include:
- Cognition assessment and training
- Vision screening, vision therapy, referral to
- Self-care skills training
- Energy conservation training / stress management / coping skills training & sleep hygiene
- Muscle re-education
- Home & bathroom modifications
- Assistance with relocation