Assessing potential fall risks is a simple yet important aspect of physical therapy. One of our goals is to identify possible stress points to avoid injury. More than 40% of those hospitalized for hip fractures, never return home or live independently again. ( “2003 Kramer” )
Factors that contribute to a fall-risk include:
- Problems walking or moving around
- Taking 4 or more medications
- Foot problems, unsafe footwear
- Blood pressure issues
- Reduced vision
- When a person requires assistance with three or more activities
of daily living.
Physical therapy services to address fall-risk injuries include:
- Gait training
- Balance drills
- Therapeutic exercise
- Equipment ordering and training
- Surgical rehabilitation
Call today or fill out the form below to schedule a Fall Prevention and Home Safety Assessment! We will do a home inspection and make recommendations for modifications and safety improvements.