Gratefulness, Thankfulness, Appreciation, Recognition, Acknowledgement.
What ever name it goes by, it sure is getting its share of attention!
Did you know that the practice of giving thanks and counting your blessings is good for your health? A growing body of research confirms that expressing gratitude on a daily basis can:
- Help you sleep better at night
- Help you feel refreshed in the morning
- Promote a positive outlook on life
- Protect against heart attack
- Increase goodwill towards others
- Reduces feelings of depression
The field of Positive Psychology is an investigation of what makes life worth living using scientific methods to measure the results. In study after study, groups of people who practice daily gratitude reported 25% higher levels of happiness than groups of
people who don’t.
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, we decided to make a list of the things we are grateful for:
- We are thankful for our staff, for providing compassionate care to our clients
and their families.
- We are thankful for the family caregivers, who work with us to improve the lives of their loved ones.
- We are thankful that we can improve the quality of life for our clients.
- We are thankful for the many resources for families that the San Francisco Bay area
has to offer.
The most rewarding way to keep track of daily gratitude is to start a “gratitude journal,” writing down 3-5 things about your day that you are thankful for. We encourage you to give it a try…Gratitude truly does start a chain reaction towards happiness. If you have started a gratitude journal, we’d love to hear what makes you find the good in all circumstances.
Gratitude is the open door to abundance”